Thursday, April 9, 2015

Recommendations: Isabel Martinez at Paris Fashion Week

I'm absolutely enamoured of Isabel Martinez's photographs of Paris Fashion Week, which have been published as a slideshow for W Magazine here. If you're not able or inclined to flick through over a hundred images, some of my favourites are here, herehere, here, and here. I think the collection is best seen together, though; it's dreamlike, being guided through a world so full of fantasy. I love the way Martinez's photographs hide and reveal things, the way faces disappear and the focus is turned upon the details, like the embroidery on a collar or a bracelet dripping onto a bag.

I did my eyeliner today like the eyeliner at Anthony Vaccarello's show. I enjoyed it, but received from strange looks from strangers in my building. It also doesn't really work with a fringe and glasses. I might try Vivienne Westwood eyebrows tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment